Harmonised European Solutions for Testing Automated Road Transport
The HEADSTART project is an H2020 project running from January 2019 and for three years. The project is deployed by a consortium of 21 partners, from 9 different countries, under the coordination of IDIADA and Mr.Alvaro Arrúe.
The consortium vision is to define testing and validation procedures of Connected and Automated Driving (CAD) functions including its key enabling technologies (communications, cyber-security, positioning) by cross-linking of all test instances such as simulation, proving ground and real-world field tests to validate safety and security performance according to the needs of key users’ groups.
More specifically, HEADSTART aims to:
- Identify the existing methodologies, procedures and tools for testing, validation and certification;
- Harmonise the existing testing and validation approaches;
- Define and develop test, validation and certification methodologies and procedures for CAD functions;
- Demonstrate the developed methodologies, procedures and tools through testing 4 CAD use cases;
- Reach consensus by creating and managing an expert network of CAD testing to promote adoption of the project results considering multi-stakeholder needs.