I_HeERO will develop and provide a blueprint (implementation plan) to beneficiary member state PSAP(s) on how to upgrade their infrastructure to support eCall as a pan European concept. As part of delivering the blueprint (eCall implementation and upgrade plan), the identified PSAPs will be equipped with required hardware and software to enable the proper processing of the incoming eCall. Of particular importance in these studies are the resulting implications for data processing in the PSAP. It is essential that the processing of data and the access to this information by the call handler for these new vehicle types, shall not require a complete redesign of the implementation, but allow for a smooth integration and a seamless operation. Therefore, the study will be supplemented by implementing prototypes of the required data changes for these vehicle types to evaluate the impact on PSAP under real conditions and the resulting implications for data integration and exchange.
The main goal of I_HeERO is to prepare Member State PSAP for the deployment of eCall based on 112 based on reference implementations. This will be achieved through the following objectives:
1. To prepare the necessary PSAP infrastructure to realise Pan-European eCall.
2. To boost Member States investment in the PSAP infrastructure and interoperability of the service within the roadmap (by the end of 2017)
3. Preparation for deployment for eCall for HGV and Dangerous Goods
4. Preparation for deployment for eCall P2W
5. Perform PSAP Conformity Assessments.
6. To look at advancements in the management of data and next generation 112 for eCall
ICCS is the technical responsible for all tasks in the framework of I-HeERO project in Greece, namely system development, analysis of data and interface design and development, eCall application for trucks and P2Ws, data issues, analysis of results and dissemination of results.